Geneseo Fire Department Photograph Members of the Geneseo Fire Department were called out early Saturday morning to extinguish a kitchen fire at Intermissions Bar and Grill on Center Street in Geneseo.

GENESEO - Members of the Geneseo Fire Department quickly extinguished an early Saturday morning fire in the kitchen area of Intermissions Bar and Grill on Center Street

Firefighters were called out at 4:30 a.m. for the report of smoke in the area of 8 Center St. Arriving firefighters and Geneseo Police found a fire inside Intermissions Bar at 8 ½ Center St., according to Fire Chief Andrew W. Chanler.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire in the kitchen area of the building. The interior of the building suffered extensive heat and smoke damage, Chanler said.

No other area businesses or apartments were affected by the fire.

No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire was accidental in nature.

Assisting at the scene was Livingston County Emergency Management and Emergency Medical Services.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1